Thursday, January 9, 2020

More of This in 2020


On a cold New Year's night, a couple of my neighbors and I, with hot cocoa in hand, strolled through a merry and bright Atlanta Botanical Garden...




Even though we have lived in the same neighborhood for years, it was the first time we had all gotten together and gone out. And. It was lovely.  Spending time with them, talking, taking selfies and just being girls, filled my tank waaay up. There may have been a couple of Lyft rides involved, three visits to the garden's gift shop, jay-walking on a deserted West Peachtree Street (late at night), and belly laughs (in the back of cars) that had us all laugh-cry tears of hilarity. It was a fun night!

If  you've read any of my blogs posted around the first of the year, you may already know that I'm not big on making New Year's resolutions. But I do love to make a list! Unlike scary New Year's resolutions, I've enjoyed making a "more of" and "less of" list the last couple of years. These lists are less intimidating, and I don't feel like a complete failure if I don't stick to the list, you know.

This year my lists look like this.

More of this -
Authenticity
Boldness
Quality time with family
Family trips
Beach
Hikes
Bike rides
Travel
Health
Books
Blogging
Board games
Reconnecting with friends
Sleep
Cuddles with favorite son
Date nights with The Hubs
Faith
Love
Kindness

Less of this -
Negativity
Square peg in round hole
Worrying
Fear

For what I wanted in 2017, read this post.

This is what I wanted to gain in 2016.

To see the types of lists I make, see this post.

I hope this new decade has been really good to you so far.

No comments: