Monday, August 9, 2021

Summer Daze


Not so long ago it seemed I was lounging by the pool, reveling in the glory of an afternoon nap, soaking up the rays while going for a walk, getting lost in a good book or stretching my way through Tuesday morning yoga on The Green...


Those days seem so far away as I'm back in the thick of it at work. Early mornings. Long days. Late nights. It's only been the first (half) week of school, and I'm already teacher tired. Not to mention the rise of COVID cases in the first two days of school. I hear the whispers at school, I see the news, but leadership has yet to vocalize what my colleagues and I are already starting to fear. I try not to think of it, and most times I don't, but it's there like a small pebble lodged in the bottom of my shoe. 

This first week of school has reminded me why summers are so important. Why I don't feel guilty AT ALL for doing nothing related to school. It's SO good to rest and recharge because the school year can be so brutal. So, as I head into another busy week, I'm reminding myself...it all can't get done in one day, there will be tomorrow, and focus on building relationships with kids. 

No comments: