Friday, May 22, 2015

These Walls,These People, and a Farewell


These are the same hallways I walked years ago that let me know I was going to be a teacher. These are the very same hallways where I've had a "love LOVE/not so love" relationship with the joys, challenges, and struggles of being an educator at a Title I school.





But today is the last day I will walk these halls...


Today is our last day at this school.  Not just for the school year. But...forever. On June 8th, this school will be no more.  It will be demolished. There are a lot of memories here. And a heck of a lot of special people too. Teachers and staff who work tirelessly and dedicate their time, day in and day out, to our students and our community.

So as I walk these halls...one last time...I'm capturing today's memories, within these walls, with these people, as I say farewell to the old Summerour.




This teacher always makes me laugh

Stay away from the coffee!!!


Most sweet and gentle teacher




 







This special lady is AP Extraordinaire!!!

Girls on the Run



I worked with these two my first year of teaching...they helped me survive :-)


The most anticipated part of every last day of school...the retirement/going away speeches...makes me cry every year!
This new teacher survived her first year. She's still smiling. That's a good sign!




Art is her passion and it shows!





Bye bye condos (aka trailers no one liked)
This lady has some special talent...I don't know how she does it. She's amazing!
What a sweetheart!

Former student and her mom...mi amiga!

The infamous "end of year checklist"
Best team ever!!!

Best hall-mate ever! Will miss our shenanigans.

Almost done packing...
 All week my former students have been visiting me.  Some are now in high school. The three pictured below were my students last year, and now they're heading off to 9th grade! It's so great to see their growth and maturity, and it makes me feel like a proud mama.

They say a teacher never really knows her impact on students for years to come...or at all in some cases. I'm grateful these lovelies came to visit.  They're the reason I do what I do.




I'm looking forward to making more memories at our brand new state-of-the-art school.  We move in on June 1st, and it's a great opportunity for change. For the new Summerour. For growth. For teaching. And most importantly...for learning. Not just for my students, but for me as well.

I'm ready.

Because.

We are Summerour!

No comments: