Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Kindergarten Autograph Book




Buddy Roller has been pining and whining about getting a yearbook from his school. He's in kindergarten! And I'm pretty sure he only wants one because some of his classmates have one.


I love my son dearly, but I just cannot justify spending $32 on a yearbook.  For a kindergartner! Especially when he already has his portrait and class photo because I bought them later this school year.  And I know full well that yearbook will only end up at the bottom of some drawer only to be forgotten with the rest of other stuff he just "has to have."

Now I'm all for the sentimental value of a yearbook.  I get it.  It's a way to remember your friends, and how much fun you had at recess, and free centers and...yadda yadda yadda.

That's why I compromised and got him a neat little journal!  We're calling it his "kindergarten autograph book."  Man I had to work real hard to sell Buddy Roller on this one! I told him it was just like when we went to Disney and he had a little book for all the Disney characters to sign their names.  I told him he should get his teachers and classmates to write him a note and then sign their names.  And the best part...he can keep this book and collect signatures throughout elementary school!

Sold!!! He loved the idea and was on board! Now he has two days to gather all his autographs...with his teacher's permission of course.

Let's just pray he doesn't forget his book at school.

No comments: