Friday, January 29, 2016

Tip #11 - Change your Seating Chart...Often







I love seating charts, and I've used them throughout my entire teaching career. They help me see the big picture...my strong students, those who are struggling, and how to pair and group students for the most beneficial outcome.

I've also been known to change my seating charts...often. This changes things up a bit and keeps the kids on their toes. Often times a behavior issue, or problems with lack of focus and distractibility, can be easily fixed with something as small as a seat change.

I'm constantly assessing and re-assessing my seating chart, figuring out the best environment for my students. First of the year, mid-semester, after the holiday break, before high-stakes testing, after spring break, the last week of school...anytime is a good time to change up the seating arrangement.

No comments: