Sunday, January 10, 2016

Favorite TV Show



What's your favorite TV show?

I didn't have a "current" favorite show until a few weeks ago, and it all started with a bit of curiosity...






Just after the holidays, my friend, Angela, randomly asked if I watched the show, Fixer Upper on HGTV, hosted by husband and wife duo, Chip and Joanna Gaines. I hadn't. And then she just casually mentioned that I look like genius home designer, Joanna. And just like that...I was intrigued.

I've been told a lot that I look like other people, or I remind people of someone they know. I am often curious to know what these other people look like. And so, I started watching Fixer Upper for that reason alone.   And while I don't think I look that much like Joanna, I instantly fell in love with this addicting home renovation show. I loved it so much that I watched all of season two over a two night period. I'm hooked!

I've never been able to "see" the potential that a run down old house has. In the past, when I've house hunted with The Hubs, I have always been against renovating homes.  Always.  That's what I love about this show.  It helps me to see beyond what a house is, and what it can be.  Chip and Joanna are brilliant!  They can take the ugliest house, on any block, in any neighborhood, and transform it into the most beautiful and breathtaking home. They really have done wonders. I would so love them to renovate a home for my family.

Another reason I love watching this show is because of the sweet relationship between this married couple. Chip is goofy and oh so silly while Joanna is reserved and genteel.  What is truly evident though, is the love, respect, and adoration they both share for each other.

You have got to watch this show! You will not be disappointed.

By the way, do you think I look like Joanna? And here's one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

Joanna Gaines

No comments: