Sunday, January 24, 2016

Would You?


So.  I witnessed something a while ago that I've contemplated writing about. But now that there's been some distance between said event and now...why not.

Here's the scenario.






I was in a professional meeting, in a business environment, during business hours, attended by only women when I heard a strange but familiar sound. I looked over to discover a woman casually pumping away. And by "pumping away," I mean she was producing milk. Right there. During the meeting. I think I must have done a double take. Twice.

Okaaay I thought.

To be honest, I was really surprised. I'm not at all put off by moms breast feeding in public. But this was...shocking to me...because I didn't expect someone to do such a private thing in a public place. Then it got me thinking...she seemed totally comfortable doing that in our setting. What are some things that I do, that I think are totally normal and acceptable...but others find unacceptable?

Interesting right!

Things that make me go hmmm...

No comments: