Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Current Obsessions

For many years, I haven't had the time, patience or the desire to make puzzles, but lately I've come to appreciate them.

These nights, I've been making quite a few puzzles. It takes me hours and sometimes days to finish one, but I love the escape they provide. I can get lost in trying to make hundreds of little pieces fit together. The other night I played some 80s love songs while working on a puzzle. Good times!


I've become quite the baker too! I've baked a couple of cakes, a banana bread, a zucchini bread and lots of cookies in the last several weeks. I love the distraction that baking provides. It takes me away from the troubles and anxieties of the world. It's my therapy. It's comforting, and I love that I'm making something for my family to enjoy.

Here's a weird question. Do you like chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips??? I do!!!

I've been making these cookies...a great recipe from Joanna Gaines but I leave out the chocolate chips in half the batter, so I can make the cookies just how I like them. I put chocolate chips in the rest of the batter for The Hubs and Buddy Roller. The secret ingredient in these cookies is light brown sugar which makes them chewy and oh so good. I only bake a small batch at a time. Then I roll the rest of the dough into small balls and freeze them. That way we can bake them whenever we want.

Never will I ever buy store bought cookie dough again!

I hope you're finding a few new hobbies yourself, and I hope you're doing okay. Hang in there!

No comments: