Friday, January 22, 2021

Ice Breakers for Students

 

More than ever, it's important to connect with students on a digital platform, so this book of questions came at just the right time...

On Fridays, I pull out my book of 2,000 questions (a lucky find at Five Below) and I have my in-person learners select questions that all students (digital learners too) get to answer.

Last week one of the questions was, if given a choice what would be your last meal? Students were really excited to answer this one. One student said, "A bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, ketchup and French fries and four liters of Doctor Pepper." 

Another question was, if you find someone attractive, what characteristics do you notice? Students' answers ranged from eyes and smile to get this...intellect and personality. 

I always look forward to learning more about my students. Their answers always surprise me, and I usually end up laughing out loud at least a few times. 

No comments: