Wednesday, January 20, 2021

What's Your Favorite Fragrance?

Have you ever gotten a whiff of someone's perfume and just wanted to ask, "What fragrance are you wearing?"

I've smelled some really beautiful perfumes over the years, and I've wanted to stop women in their tracks and ask what they're wearing. Sometimes I do!

In high school my classmate, Barbie (yes, that was her real name!) had a distinct fragrance she always wore. I never asked her about it, but to this day, I'll smell it on someone, and immediately I'm transported to the halls at Windsor High School, and I think of Barbie. Does that ever happen to you?

A friend of mine wears a a lovely fragrance and it seems to suit her. It's floral and warm, and when I smell it, I think it embodies her personality. She's caring, thoughtful and kind.

I'm turned off by very strong aromas. You know, the kind that makes you want to run far away towards clean and fresh air.  I do love fragrances that are light, fresh and clean, that even if you put on a little extra, you still won't offend anyone. It's like inhaling fresh laundry, where you want to keep smelling and smelling because you can never get enough.

My all-time favorite scents include Aqua Di GiĆ², Issey Miyake (oh my gosh!!!), Marc Jacobs Daisy, Clinique Happy, Clinique's Happy In Bloom and Light Blue. 

What's your favorite fragrance? 

No comments: