Monday, March 7, 2016

Conversations with Roller



Last night as Buddy Roller was reading, for 20 minutes, before bedtime, on the iPad (a daily requirement from his teacher, Mr. Farley, and me too, I might add), The Hubs interrupted him to ask a quick question.






Well my little guy, being a ginal (Jamaican word that means a trickster or a con artist) requested an additional five minutes for "being interrupted." Mind you, he wasn't interrupted for that long, and this was all a ploy, on his behalf, to stay up passed his bedtime.

Fine said The Hubs.

When his original time of 20 minutes had ended, he called from upstairs to remind us of his extra five minutes to which his dad replied, yes you can have the extra five minutes.

And it was what came next that had me laughing out loud.

Did you talk to mommy? Did she say it was okay?

As if!

I guess I am boss of the family.

Well The Hubs reminded him that we are a team and whatever one of us says...goes.

And that was that. But it was still so funny to me.

Kids. They say the funniest things at the most unexpected times.

Happy Monday!

No comments: