Tuesday, March 8, 2016

On Baby Love


What is it about holding a newborn baby...okay any baby...that makes me just want to have one all over again?




One of my friends just had a beautiful baby boy, and I went to visit her this past weekend in the hospital. When I held him, I got "that" feeling.  

Baby love. That's what I'm calling this. It's that feeling I get when I hold a baby, and I kinda get that wistful feeling...a longing and yearning...of having another. I suppose part of it is that I'll always second-guess myself for not trying to have a second child. I don't have many regrets in life, but this is certainly one of them. I've always wanted a little girl, and I've always wanted Buddy Roller to have a sibling...someone he can go through life with and have by his side. You know? I think that's important. And then, I think of all the people I know who are an "only" child, and they turned out okay.

But still...there's just something about holding a sweet precious baby. Baby love...it gets me every time.

No comments: