Tuesday, March 1, 2016

On Dressing up at School

Two Halloweens Ago

How do you feel about your child dressing up at school?






This week, Buddy Roller went to school dressed as Batman...the most feared superhero of all! It's all because his class did a great job raising funds for their school to purchase technology. This week, in addition to dressing up as their favorite villain or hero, kids can bring board games to school, and do fun things like have crazy hair or crazy socks. Fun right?

Well...here's where I draw the line.

I'm all for kids dressing up at school as a reward. However, I am not at all in favor of kids wearing their PJs to school. I think the only time kids should be in pajamas...is at home! Last year, when Buddy Roller was in kindergarten, I allowed him to wear his bed clothes to school. Once.  The thought of it still makes me cringe. No more.

And in case you're wondering...here are my thoughts on drinking.

No comments: