Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wedded Wednesday - Each One Teach One












One of the perks of being married to The Hubs is that he makes me a better person.  Even though the truth can sometimes hurt, he's never been afraid to tell me when I've messed up.  And ya'll, I've messed up many times. And you know what, I appreciate that about him. Who wants to be married to someone who never keeps you accountable, or who's always tiptoeing around your emotions afraid to get you upset. Not me.

One of the ways I'm learning from The Hubs is through his generosity. Whether it's time, doing good deeds, being kind, he's always giving. Take last weekend for example. He arranged for us to make some sandwiches to feed the homeless. And this isn't the first time he's done this either. He bought all the groceries and supplies, and then all three of us worked together to get everything ready.  I love that he's leading by example, and I love that Buddy Roller is right in the midst learning too.

Here are some pictures if you'd like to see...













After all the sandwiches were made and the lunch bags stuffed, we loaded up the car, met another family from church and headed downtown in search of hungry and homeless people to feed. Between our two families, we made close to two hundred bags filled with sandwiches, snacks, fruit, and drinks. As always, we didn't have enough to feed everyone, but there's always next time.

I'm happy to be doing life with The Hubs. He leads by example, he has a big heart, and I'm happy to be alongside him learning, growing and becoming a better me.

Because isn't that the beauty of marriage?

No comments: