Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gel What?


Apparently, I have been living under a rock.

Way before Buddy Roller was born, I use to always do my own nails. I would do my own French manicures and polish my own nails. And I would find that every few days, I would be re-doing my nails because the polish would either chip, peel or crack.  Eventually after motherhood and not enough time for myself, I just abandoned the notion of doing my nails...my own finger nails, that is. I still to this day, always make time for pedicures.

Over the summer while visiting my BFSF, we were talking about random stuff and she casually mentioned that she gets a gel polish when she gets a manicure. She said it lasted a lot longer, and she loves it! What!!! I didn't even know these things existed!!! I knew right then and there that I wanted to give this "gel" nail polish thing a try.



And some several weeks later, I did just that. This afternoon, I decided to give it a go. My nails were clipped, filed, and buffed. Then my cuticles were "worked" on. It's been a while since I've had a manicure and truth be told, I thought it was taking a long time. I was a little anxious to see the finished product.



After each coat of gel polish, I had to put my hand under this nail dryer thing. It had some weird fluorescent  pink light that I was told not to look at. What!!!??? It did get hot under there at times and I thought, what have I gotten myself into?

Then finally, after what seemed like twenty coats of polish were applied, I was done! The cool thing is, once you're done...you are done! My nails were completely dry and I didn't have to worry about them getting smudged. I could get inside my purse and even get my keys with no issues.


So about an hour and $30 later, this is what my nails look like. The true test is seeing if this polish will last for a few weeks or more, without any peeling, chipping or cracking. I'm anxious to see if it's worth it.

If it is, I think I would do this again. It's time I got from under that rock I've been living under.

No comments: