Saturday, April 4, 2020

Would You Want to Know?


If given the opportunity, would you want to know the date of your death?


That is the question posed in the book I'm currently reading.  In The Immortalists written by Chloe Benjamin, the book opens when four siblings are told the date of their death by a "psychic" and mystical woman.  The book follows each sibling, through life, choices and destinies. I'm already flying through the pages of this novel, and I couldn't be happier with the great storytelling and distraction this riveting book provides. Do their fortunes impact how each lives out their life?

I would never ever EVER want to know the date of my last day on earth. I think it would stress me out and make me nervous as heck, always wondering how it would happen. But I can also see the upside to finding out...knowing how long you have to accomplish your goals and dreams.

Would you want to know?

I finished this book a few days ago...


If you're looking for a page turner and a good book to distract you from all the fear and uncertainty in the world, this is a book for you!

A few weeks ago I had an inkling libraries would close.  So glad I grabbed ten books that had been on my "to read list." Problem is, I'm a fast reader, and since I don't like buying books or reading them on a device, not sure what I'll do.  Maybe I'll come up with a book swap or something...

No comments: