Thursday, April 2, 2020

On My Travel Bucket List







If I were young, stupid and didn't have a family, I would...


...want to travel right now. I said that jokingly to The Hubs the other day. Now is the perfect time to travel except for the fact that we are under quarantine and there is the issue of the coronavirus.

Air fares are ridiculously inexpensive right now. Just for fun you should check; it's not like you have anything better to do at the moment. Round trip tickets within the US are pretty affordable, but there is still a ban on international travel.

Lately, with everything going on, I've been daydreaming of escaping to the beach and visiting the beautiful islands of Turks and Caicos.  With unbelievable clear blue waters and white sands that stretch for miles, I could definitely use the distraction of arguably some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

Today I got the news that schools in Georgia will be closed for the rest of the year. To know that I won't be able to see my students and finish out the school year is pretty disappointing. To know that this is my last year with my school of 11 years, and I won't be able to say a proper goodbye to colleagues and staff is also very sad.

But. I'm a dreamer. I will continue to dream of setting foot on a beach some day soon.  I will continue to dream of the day when there is a cure for COVID-19.  And I'll continue to pray for the day when we can return to some kind of normalcy with our hopes renewed.

No comments: