Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Not so Forbidden Fruit


So. I was in the grocery store earlier today enjoying some me time, and shopping for apples when another customer walked up next to me, chose an apple, and casually bit into it!

It totally caught me by surprise and made me chuckle! I have never seen anyone do that. Was he just "testing" it to make sure it met his standards? Was he just hungry and decided he couldn't wait til check-out? I have no idea! He grabbed a few more apples and kept it moving as if this was something he normally did.

I have to admit, I have on many occasions, taken one single grape and tasted it to make sure the whole bunch was sweet enough to buy, but I have never bitten into an apple, banana, or any other fruit...no matter the reason. And you might be thinking, if I did that to a grape, why not another fruit?

So this strange incident made me wonder...would you, have you just tasted any fruit or anything else in a grocery store without first paying for it?

No comments: