Saturday, May 7, 2016

Collecting Moments 10



We've hit another milestone folks...




We arrived at the hospital as two...The Hubs and I. But we left as a family of three after Buddy Roller was born. I remember that day vividly when he rode in the car seat, for the first time, on the way home. Boy he was so tiny. Over these six years, we've hit many milestones.  From crawling to walking, from baby food to the real deal, from baby words like da-da and ma-ma to talking and writing, using advanced vocabulary that still even amazes me, from preschool to first grade, from teething to getting forever teeth, and everything in between...nothing has signaled Roller's independence and "growing up" more than graduating from a car seat to a booster. Nothing.

He's only been in his booster seat for a few days, but every time he gets in the car, he's tickled happy to buckle up, only one snap, in his new seat. I share his excitement, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I get just a tad bit nostalgic and wistful at the rate at how fast he seems to be growing up.

No comments: