Sunday, May 29, 2016

What's on Your Bucket List?









Now that I'm on a break from school, and I have a little more time on my hands, I've been thinking about all the things I want to do while I'm here on planet Earth...




From the easy to accomplish, like learn how to hula hoop, spend the day at a water park (and be a kid again), or take a photography class, there are also those items that require a little more planning and money such as taking a road trip across the country visiting states like Louisiana, California, Texas, Nevada, Colorado, and Arizona. I've also dreamed of vising exotic and faraway places like Hawaii, China, Bali, Greece, Paris and Dubai.  And the list goes on...taking a ride in a hot air balloon, winning a tennis match on a competitive level, authoring and publishing a book, speaking another language fluently and parasailing.

I saw this bucket list on Facebook, and I've placed an "X"  next to those items I've already done. 

Fired a Gun 
Shot a bow and arrow X
Been Married X
Fell in love X
Gone on a blind date
Skipped school
Watched someone give birth
Watched someone die
Been to Canada X
Been to Hawaii
Been to Europe
Been to Las Vegas
Been to Washington, D.C. X
Been to Nashville
Visited Florida X
Visited Mexico X
Lived in another country X
Seen the Grand Canyon in person
Flown in a helicopter
Been on a cruise X
Served on a jury
Given a speech in public X
Started a company
Been in a movie
Been to Los Angeles
Been to New York City X
Played in a band
Sang karaoke X
Made prank phone calls X
Laughed so much you cried X
Caught a snowflake on your tongue
Had a child X
Had a pet X
Been sledding on big hill
Been downhill skiing X
Been water skiing
Rode on a motorcycle
Driven a motorcycle
Jumped out of a plane
Bungee jumped
Been to a drive-in movie X
Rode an elephant
Rode a camel
Slept overnight on a beach
Been on TV X
Been in newspaper X
Stayed in hospital X
Donated blood X
Gotten a piercing X
Gotten a tattoo
Driven a stick shift vehicle
Driven over 100 mph
Been scuba diving
Lived on your own
Rode in the back of police car
Got a speeding ticket 


Gosh this list makes me realize just how many things I haven't done. And that's the thing about a bucket list. It makes you live your life with meaning and purpose, and it helps you accomplish your goals. This summer, I hope to be checking off a few simple items on my list.  After all, it seems like a while since I've done something that really blew my skirt up!  First up...I'll be learning how to hula hoop! I'll let you know how it goes.

What about you? What's on your bucket list?

No comments: