Sunday, May 15, 2016

Collecting Moments 12



I'd like to end (for now) this month-long installment of collecting moments with Buddy Roller's first grade musical of "The Bear Goes Over the Mountain"...



 

It seems like nothing can make a mom's heart swell with pride more than seeing her child take on a challenge and overcoming it. Roller has been practicing weeks and weeks for his role as a raccoon in his first grade musical. On Friday, he made me so proud by singing, dancing and reciting his lines in front of a large audience of students, parents and teachers.  He admitted to me after, that even though he didn't "look" nervous...he really was! I'm also reminded of his kindergarten performance, last year, when I was also equally proud!


That day was also very special because the whole family was there to support our little performer. Even grandma! Isn't that what collecting moments is all about?







After the show, all the parents were invited back to the classroom for a smorgasbord of sweet treats.




See his raccoon tail? That's my DIY project that didn't take that long, and I'm kind a proud of it because I'm not the craftiest mom around.


Roller was fascinated with the chocolate fountain! OMG he had way too many sweets that day!


And finally, a photo with teacher extraordinaire...Mr. Farley. So thankful for this teacher and all he's done for Roller this year.

As I look back on this past month, I'm grateful that I was so intentional about collecting these moments.  It's these moments, and the people in them, that make life...well...worth it!

No comments: