Sunday, May 1, 2016

Collecting Moments 8



I haven't done it since I found out I was pregnant with Buddy Roller. That's more than six years ago, but a surprise early morning rendezvous got me on the court again, playing a game I love...





I was just telling The Hubs how much I miss playing tennis.  I used to play quite a bit before I got pregnant, but since a certain little someone came along...I've been preoccupied with motherly duties. So you can just imagine my excitement when The Hubs told me Friday night that he had a surprise for me...we were going to play tennis! I was so thrilled that as soon as I woke up the next morning, which was just after 7 a.m., I was ready to get going. I'm pretty sure The Hubs didn't quite picture us playing that early, but he was being such a good sport, and he was game!

Thankfully, we were able to sneak away since my mother-in-law (yay!) is still in town. Truth be told, I felt quite giddy leaving the house so early with The Hubs to do something, just the two of us.  Even though we were one racket and a few tennis balls short, we were able to make a quick stop, and still make it to the courts by 8 a.m. and get a good workout.

I really enjoyed our time on the courts. It was special that it was The Hubs' idea, and the deal was even sweeter because we got to spend some much needed time together. I'm really hoping we can do this more often!

No comments: