Thursday, June 18, 2020

Current Obsessions


Here are four of my current obsessions...


One. Family dinners in the park. We order takeout, sit on a blanket and play a game of chess or bean bag toss. I may even try to sneak in a power nap. And the view...laying on the grass and gazing up into a sea of blue is quite therapeutic and lovely!


Two.  Family bike rides. We bought a bike rack and have been cycling our way through the beautiful trails in our county. There is no shortage of green, the air is fresh, and I can't help but smile as the breeze hits my face. I always leave in a better mood than I was before!



Three. Going on hikes. I try to get out everyday for a walk, and I've enjoyed discovering new parks in my area. There are a lot of them! Even though I don't have to travel very far, I feel like I've somehow managed to escape the stresses and anxieties of life by just "getting away" in nature. We could all use a break these days!



And finally. Four. Trying new recipes. I have the time, and I'm so tired of cooking the same meals every week. This week I tried not one...but two new meals that will totally stay in rotation. If my family approves, then I know I'm on to something good! I found this recipe here, and there's so many others I want to try.



I admit all of these are a result of our current situation with this global pandemic. I also realize the good that came from all of this. Getting back to what matters most, and that is spending time with family!

I mean...what else is there to do?

No comments: