Monday, September 1, 2014

Day 1 of Being Grateful


I've been issued a challenge by my BFSF. It's called Five Days of Gratefulness. That means for the next five days, I have to list three things that I'm grateful or thankful for. So here are my three things for day one.





First, I'm thankful for my husband. Marriage is hard work.  Every day. It's not always perfect.  We're not always perfect.  But, I'm grateful that while marriages all around are either on the rocks or breaking up, we have committed to the long haul. Yes, we do bicker and we do fight, but I'm thankful that's only a small percentage of our marriage. We are happy the majority of the time, and we know what the priorities are. We try to remind ourselves never to take each other for granted, and we try to make deposits, not withdrawals, in our love tanks.


Second, I'm grateful for this little guy. He has brought such joy to my life. More than I ever thought possible.  He is filled with so much wonder and amazement, and I hope life will always be this kind to him.  I snapped this picture of him the other day.  One minute he was with me, and then he was gone only to return dressed up like Superman.  He kept running through the hallway, his long red cape trailing behind him, squealing with laughter. That's what childhood should be. Full of laughter!

And third, I am so thankful for an extra day of rest this long weekend brings. Being able to sleep in, not just two mornings but three, is something I have really appreciated. And speaking of long weekends, doesn't a four day work week sound so much better than five? I think people would be more productive if they knew they would have to work only four days and have three off. I don't know about you, but that gets my vote!

No comments: