Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Novels Turned Movies

Photo: litreactor.com

There have been tons of books that have been turned into movies. Harry Potter, Gone Girl, The Hunger Games, The Notebook...just to name a few.  Some have been great...some not so great, right? You be the judge. When comparing a book to its movie, one might talk about the similarities and differences between the two, and whether casting directors chose the right actor or actress for the leading roles.  And then there's always the debate over which was better. The book. Or the movie...


But the point of this post isn't about which one is better.

At this very moment, four titles...and let me be clear, I'm talking mostly chick flicks right now...stand out to me that I've read, and that were also turned into movies.  They are The Notebook, In Her ShoesSomething Borrowed and Gone Girl.  The reason these four are sort of etched in my memory is for the mere fact that I had read all these books before seeing them adapted to movies. And for every one of them I sort of happened to be watching a movie trailer about them and serendipitously wondering, I think I've read this book before, and now it's going to be a movie!!! Has that ever happened to you before?

I think one of the things I most enjoy about reading a good book, is being able to see it play out on screen. I always find myself thinking, did I picture the character this way? Which actor/actress would I love to see play the part? If I were the director, would a scene go this way...or that? Would I change the ending? Make a sequel?

So. Since I'm into Jojo Moyes (I wrote about this yesterday) right now, I'd love to see a movie made for Me Before You. And while I'm asking, I would also love to see Liane Moriarty's The Husband's Secret and Big Little Lies made into movies.

Photo: The Travel Hack




What about you? What books would you like see turned into big screen hits?

No comments: