Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Throwback Tuesday

2003

So. I was on a mad hunt this morning for my college diplomas to display in my classroom.  I'm in the midst of getting my room ready for a brand new year and a whole new batch of eager 6th graders.  It's great to display accomplishments for students, so that they can have their own aspirations and make their dreams come true.

But where had I stored my diplomas? I had to go through a couple of old boxes of some very old photos to find them, but what a discovery...




There's just something about going through boxes of photos you haven't seen in ages. And the problem is, what I wanted to take a few minutes turned into about an hour of me going through hundreds and hundreds of old photographs. I found so many photos..too many to post, but here are a few of the BFSF, Kala and me, back in the day.

College early 90's
College trip to Montreal, Canada
Grad/law school days - check out our hair
BFSF back in college
Why so serious?
Montreal, Canada again
1993 college dorm hallway shenanigans
See that's the thing. Life is full of so many memories, and these photos remind me of a time in my life where I felt and believed I could do anything I wanted.  Those days were carefree, full of laughter, and just plain fun!

And as I prepare for yet another school year, I'm full of hope and excitement for what will be. I'm anxious to meet my new students and give them encouragement and optimism, if needed, so they, too, can start building a memory bank full of their own journeys and accomplishments.

No comments: