Saturday, February 13, 2016

What I Would Tell My Pre-Married Self


Last night The Hubs and I went out on a date...pre-Valentine's Day. I admire that he's really trying for us to "date," once a month, for a whole year.  And in case you forgot, here's where the idea started.

Our evening started at our church where they had a "night out" for married couples. We stayed for a little while, and then we headed out, in time, to make our reservations for dinner when the question came up...





As we sipped sweet white wine and dined over appetizers that included artisan field greens - with candied pecans, dried cranberries, blue cheese, and roasted onion balsamic dressing, and colossal shrimp cocktail with atomic cocktail sauce...which were all very delicious, I might add...The Hubs asked me, "What advice would you give your pre-married self?"

Wow. Good question.

And this is what I said.

I would tell my pre-married self that going out on regular dates, with my husband, especially after kid (AK), is muy importante. And the second advice I would give is...don't be so up-tight. Loosen up! As someone who thinks about everyone and everything, plans all the time, focusing on the little details, my mind works over-time,  and it can get pretty exhausting and overwhelming.

When I think of my friends, who are the opposite of me, and who are "loosened up" most of the time, I picture my forever friend, Wanacca...




And my BFSF, Nikki...



They know how to let loose, and they laugh 99.9% more than they don't.

There is so much more I could have, and should have said, but that will all have to be included in another post after I've given it more thought .  Hopefully coming soon...

What about you? What advice would you give your pre-married self?

No comments: