Friday, November 28, 2014

Traditions And The Day After


What are your holiday traditions? When do you put up your Christmas tree? Who does the holiday decorating? Is one person sort of forced to do it alone? Or do you decorate together making it a family affair?

On this the day after Thanksgiving, and because my mom is in town, the girls spent the day together...shopping and then eating lunch. I don't think I've ever been shopping on Black Friday, and I don't ever see the need to do that again. We visited a couple of stores that had great deals, but made sure to stay out of the stores with very long lines. No waiting for us today!





Back at home it was time to continue our family tradition. We typically put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving. And I'm using the term "we" very loosely as The Hubs is the one who always initiates this...bless his heart. If it weren't for him, who knows when our tree would go up.



And because mom's in town, she got "recruited" to help with the tree. I don't think she minded at all. Once the tree's up, then the lights are strung. 


I'm always in charge of dressing up the mantel and banister.


And Buddy Roller's job is to hang the ornaments and be the cutest little elf ever!



And after all that work, it's time for dessert complements of my aunt who makes the best cheesecake. Seriously. I'm not kidding.



So...when do you take down your Christmas tree? We do it on the first day of the new year. I know someone who didn't take down their tree until April! I'm not saying who. My lips are sealed.

No comments: