Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Did You Know?



Here are 34 things you may - or may not - know about me...



  1. I am ambidextrous.
  2. I am in the exact career (teaching) that I wanted to do as a child; I would often pretend my stuffed animals were my students.
  3. Trying new restaurants is a hobby of mine; this girl loves eating out.
  4. Movies...I would watch one a day if I could. However, scary movies I do not like.
  5. love to read. I could curl up with a good book every day.
  6. I prefer reading a "real" book and turning each page as opposed to reading electronically.
  7. I love reading and dining out so much that I started a book club eons ago before I had my son. It should have been called the food club, as we met at a new restaurant each month. Would love to start another food (I mean book) club again!
  8. I'm a dreamer and a lover of daydreams.
  9. I have a dream of starting a foundation to help low income kids have a shot at a better future.
  10. I have a secret dream of being a stay at home mom, with three kids, and someone pays me to blog.
  11. I love, love, the beach.
  12. I met The Hubs in high school, and we wrote letters to each other back when we were in college, in separate states. I still have all the love letters he wrote to me. 
  13. If I could sleep in every day, I would. I am not a morning person.
  14. I could eat ice-cream, or frozen yogurt, every day...even in the winter.
  15. I am terrified of roller coasters; I literally scream on slides that aren't really a big deal. Seriously...like the bigger slides on a playground. Shameful. I know.
  16. Two things make me really cranky...being hungry, and being tired.
  17. I enjoy the quiet, and I like alone time.  I think it's because I spend all day with lots of children.
  18. I've always wished I was naturally out-going with a bubbly personality. But the fact is, I can be an introvert at times. 
  19. One of my biggest fears.  Not being able to live to see my child grow up and be successful and happy.
  20. sooo wish I could sing. Me at the karaoke bar? Not such a good idea! Trust me!
  21. I was born and raised in Jamaica; I left at the age of 14.
  22. After my parents' divorce, I didn't talk to my father for ten years. We are slowly starting to communicate again.
  23. I still get emotional when I see dads with their daughters...makes me miss what should have been.
  24. I wish I had another child; I feel sad that Buddy Roller will go through life without a sibling. 
  25. After hearing it for so many, many years, I finally accept the fact that I have beautiful (?) hair.
  26. I secretly wish I could get paid to be in a hair commercial. Just kidding! Not really.
  27. I dislike laziness.
  28. I have a heightened sense of smell. Aromas are good, but odors from people and things...not so good. The Hubs often jokes that I can smell next week! Ha!
  29. I have three pet peeves when it comes to children, especially my Buddy Roller - long fingernails, eye or nose boogers, and "high water" pants!!!
  30. And speaking of pet peeves. It irks me when someone tells me how tired I look. Really? It's obviously not a compliment. If you have nothing nice to say; don't say anything at all. 
  31. I have a habit of cutting people off when speaking. It's just that I get so excited sometimes when talking.  I need to break this bad habit.
  32. I once ran a half marathon. Good experience. Glad I did it. Can't say I'll do it again.
  33. One quirky habit I have is to rock from side to side while brushing my teeth.
  34. I had a humbling experience once...in the middle of the day...during work hours!!! Though no one ever found out that day (except The Hubs), it is still embarrassing to me. Let's just say I was on antibiotics at the time. Those drugs can be harmful!!!That's all I'm going to say. The thought still makes me cringe!

No comments: