Monday, June 13, 2016

"Oh Snap" on Safari

This past weekend, we went on a little excursion to Pine Mountain for our first ever Wild Animal Safari. And let me tell you, it was a ton of unexpected fun...









First up, we rented a Zebra Van to take us through the 3.5 mile long drive thru safari. You could take your own car, but who would want to risk the mess and slobber that comes with this adventure.



What they don't tell you is that at the very moment you enter the gate, some of the biggest wild animals are there to greet you...up close and personal! I was not at all prepared for that, and so the unexpectedness of it all...the ginormous mouths and tongues of the slobbering animals...freaked me out and caused me to laugh out loud for several minutes.





And remember Buddy Roller's trademark words from our trip to the circus? Well this one was no different. You could hear the words oh snap throughout our tour of the wild animals.


Buddy Roller was not feeling this at all! Check out his priceless expression...


The walk-a-bout tour was more enjoyable for him, as he got to feed the animals, on his terms, feeling safe, from the other side of the animals' cages.





At the end of the day, I was grateful we got to experience this adventure. It's something I've always wanted to do, and I'm glad I was able to check this one off my list. And speaking of lists, what's on your bucket list?

No comments: