Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Make Someone's Day - 3


We were both born in January.

On the 21st to be exact.

Precisely two years apart. 

Together is how we grew up celebrating our birthdays.

But we didn't always get along.

Like most siblings, we often fought.

But these days, we are closer than we've ever been.

That's why today, I decided to do something to make my sister's day.

Continuing along with the, "it's the little things that matter" theme, I decided to mail her a small package.

I included a photo of us and a marble turtle that I bought for her while vacationing in Jamaica last week.

It's kind of ironic that a turtle symbolizes wisdom, which is the focus of my church this summer and the reason I started this seven day challenge in the first place.

Even though we don't see each other nearly enough, my sister always has a special place in my heart.

I wanted to remind her how much I love her and how important she is to me.

I hope she knows that.

And I sure hope I make her day.

No comments: