Thursday, July 10, 2014

Make Someone's Day - 4


Who comes to mind when you think of people who don't get nearly enough recognition and "thank you's" as they should?

For me, I think of moms and dads (especially the single ones), members of our armed forces, and of course...teachers.

That's why on day four of my challenge, I decided to recognize this special lady.


She is always smiling and willing to help.

Among her many talents are teaching the kids how to speak Spanish, saying her alphabet backwards and giving the little girls in her class the best braided hair ever.

Her job is not an easy one, but she is entrusted to take care of and help develop some of our most prized possessions...our children.

For the past year, Ms. Maria has been a loving and hands-on teacher to Buddy Roller and 16 of the most enthusiastic, eager and playful students.

When I picked up Buddy Roller from school today, I thanked Ms. Maria for all that she had been doing.

I told her that I appreciated her taking care of Buddy Roller, teaching him Spanish, and I told her how excited he was about school, often coming home and sharing what he had done that day...her name being mentioned several times.

I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was touched but what I told her.

She hugged me just before posing with Buddy Roller in the photo you see above.

And I think...I may have made her day.

No comments: