Sunday, June 1, 2014

Random Thoughts



1. How come grown ups don't fall off the bed during sleep? 
I mean, I'm assuming they don't. I don't fall off the bed. The Hubs doesn't either. I know I toss and turn, but still...I don't end up on the floor.  I didn't take a poll of all the people I know, but I think it's safe to say that grown ups don't. My four year old occasionally rolls off the bed during sleep (I even place pillows all around him). I find him sleeping on the floor during the night when I check on him, or the next morning when I wake up. I know for a fact this happens to other kids as well. How come kids and not grown ups?

2. How come the smallest objects and those that don't even weigh that much can hit your toe, any toe, and the pain is so excruciating? Pain that makes you just close your eyes, wince, and make you want to say curse words you don't usually use. How come?! Does that happen to you?

3.  How come the longer you stare at a word, the more it looks like it's been misspelled? Try it. Just look at this word MISSPELLED for at least five seconds. 

4. Why would a man WANT to be a gynecologist? I mean, I know lots of women who don't mind a male doctor "down" there, but I also know a lot of women who do. There's nothing wrong with a male gynecologist and I'm sure there are many, many excellent ones out there, but I'm just wondering.  I've never met a woman who loves going to her annual exam, so it makes me wonder why any man would subject himself to that. 

5.  Have you ever been at work, or in a meeting , or worse, at an all day training and get the feeling like you could have the best sleep of YOUR LIFE, if only you were at home at that exact moment??? Has this ever happened to you? It's happened to me quite a few times, and oh how I wish I could go to sleep at that precise moment. 

No comments: