Friday, June 20, 2014

V B S

VBS T-shirt

Give me a, "V!"

Give me a, "B!"

Give me a, "S!"

Hooray for VBS!!!


If you didn't already know it, VBS stands for Vacation Bible School.

And for the past week, Buddy Roller has been attending this "workshop of wonders" at a local church.

He spends time with kids his age doing arts and crafts and singing songs, but most importantly, he learns about God.  

This is the second year he has gone to this particular VBS, and he loves it.

In addition to getting a VBS t-shirt and a slew of crafts he made all week (this year he brought home a hand painted bird feeder - we already have a spot picked out for it on a tree we can see from the window of our house...love it!!! - a clay pot, and a wowbot (just a special take on a robot), the most prized possession is this take-home CD.


There is nothing sweeter than watching an excited and enthusiastic four-year-old sing at the top of his lungs about God.

Yes he's off key, and when he belts out his tunes, he even contorts his face in such a way that lets you know he means business about his singing. 

We are learning and singing all the songs together and nothing pleases me more than when he asks me to play his "vacation bible school CD" as soon as we get in the car.

I love vacation bible school.

And I love what it does for my son. 

No comments: