Monday, October 20, 2014

Reading with Roller


It's been a ritual from before he could speak. Every night we cuddle up and read books!

A few years ago, I'll be honest, I would read several books every night. That's because after every book, Roller would beg, "Please mommy, one more book, pleeeeeaaaaaassse." And I just couldn't say, "No," to those big round beautiful eyes pleading back at me. Yes, I admit, I'm a pushover when it comes to The Roller.

These days, though, it's at least one...maybe two books...at the most. Lately, he's been the one reading to me! And he's doing an awesome job, too.  This mommy is truly exhausted by the end of the day!!!

It's the same routine every night. After bath time, Buddy Roller brushes his teeth, and he chooses the books he wants me to read. We snuggle under the covers....and read. I love hearing him giggle when I "get into character." I wonder when he'll be too old to be entertained by me? Hmmmmm.


After that, we dim the lights, say prayers...which he now says by himself...and I lay down with him for just one minute, okay maybe five, until he drifts off to a peaceful sleep.

I kiss his head a couple of times and smile with nostalgia, amazed at how fast he's growing up, and then I drag myself out of his bed because a minute longer would mean falling asleep. I've done that many times before :-)

Happy Monday! 

No comments: