Monday, October 6, 2014

Mondays With Roller


Researchers say you do it about 15 to 20 times a day, and they say it's what you need to live a longer, happier, and more stress-free life.

It's laughing!

You've heard it before, and you know it makes a difference. Laughing out loud can make you feel better.

In my continued efforts to find more balance and live a more stress-free life, I decided to leave work at a decent time, meet The Hubs, pick up Buddy Roller, and head to his soccer practice.

Yes, there were tons of things I could have done like write a paper that's due on Thursday, or clean my house...but I decided that family is more important. Before heading to practice, I made Buddy Roller one of his favorite sandwiches...ham and cheese, grabbed some fruit and water and headed out to the soccer field. And it was totally worth it!

Buddy Roller squealed with delight to not just have daddy, but mommy pick him up too. On the way to soccer, he chatted exuberantly about his day and what he did at school. It was awesome, and then when I gave him his sandwich, his excitement grew. It doesn't take much to make this five year old happy.

Me: "I made your sandwich with love."

Buddy Roller laughing: "I'm eating the love."

And the rest of the night, I wore a smile on my face and even managed to laugh here and there. I was happy to be spending time with my family. Happy to NOT be focused on the other unimportant things.

I did laugh.

It felt good.

No comments: