Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Peek Inside the "New" Summerour




My teammates and I met up this week for a tour of our new school. And I've been keeping my fingers crossed, that my new classroom, in my brand spanking new school, has at least one window...


Bottle cap mural by our art teacher extraordinaire. So cool!

Cafeteria

Art room
Looong hallways

Buddy Roller couldn't resist running and running...

My new room number!

My new room doesn't have a window!!!!

More long hallways
Cool little nooks on each floor

New school...new sign


My initial thoughts are..this school is huge, and we have so much unpacking to do before the next school year! So much!  We will definitely need some time to get used to the layout, and perhaps we'll need more transition time to allow students to maneuver through the hallways...especially getting to lunch.

I am disappointed about having no windows in my classroom, considering I've had a window, or two, for my entire teaching career so far. That will take some getting used to.  But. I'm excited about the new school, the upcoming school year, and all the growth and memories that will be made in this new Summerour.

No comments: