Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Father's Day Tribute to The Hubs



People have said when you're looking for a spouse, you should also pick someone who will be a great father one day. Who comes up with these things?

Yes, of course that would be ideal. But seriously, when you're picking a mate for life, you're living in the moment. I know I wasn't thinking of father material when I met The Hubs. I was a teenager and having kids was the furthest thing from my mind...


When we got pregnant, I had no idea what kind of father The Hubs would be. None. Sure we'd discussed the "idea" of parenting in the months leading up to the birth of our son, but I hadn't a clue if The Hubs would be changing diapers, waking up in the middle of the night for feedings, giving baths, wiping a snotty nose, and the endless list of things that parents do.

I didn't know what lay ahead. And then the baby came.

As mentioned in a previous post, you can read about it here, I had a c-section, and was pretty much in a drug induced state for the first couple of days after Buddy Roller came. I felt pretty much useless, those first 24 hours, but you know who was the unsuspecting hero those first few days and since then?  My husband and superhero dad, The Hubs!

He changed diapers. He fed our little guy. Burped him and was very involved from the moment he came kicking and wailing into this world. The first few days of Buddy Roller's life proved to me that I had been lucky. That although I hadn't been looking for a great dad in my husband when I said "I do" for the rest of our lives, someone was looking out for me, blessing me with a great husband and father.

As I look back over the almost 6 years we've been parents, I have countless memories of my two favorite guys together. From the giggles and infectious laughter that Buddy Roller has everyday his dad wakes him up...I have no idea  how he manages to wake Roller up that way; I certainly can't do it...to scary trips to the emergency room when The Hubs had to be the one to stand there with a screaming Buddy Roller as several nurses attempted to put an IV in his tiny arm when I was crying uncontrollably, too terrified to watch.

As I reflect on this parenthood journey so far, I'm reminded just how close these two are. They have a special bond as they should, and I'm grateful that my husband is not only a great partner, but an awesome dad as well.

So here's to The Hubs...a super dad, role model, mentor, friend, disciplinarian, and tickle monster extraordinaire.

No one gives you a good run for your money than your Dad

Hands-on Dad

He's always there...even to kick a ball

First train set

First trip to aquarium

Wow...


Good times!


Trying to be just like Dad
Gotta find the perfect pumpkin
First time carving a pumpkin





Even eating Peeps is fun with Dad

Dad always has my back



On a hike with Dad

Feeding the ducks


Lowe's Build and Grow Program




Best seat in da house!

Never too early to teach him how to play dominoes

This is how we do it!!!

















Anyone can have the title "father," but it takes a special one to be a "Dadeeeee."

Hubs...Happy Father's Day! You are one of the greatest dads I know.

No comments: