Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Indian Made Me Proud


For weeks, Buddy Roller has been practicing for Turkey Tunes...an annual tradition at his school for almost three decades. The kindergarten students dress up as either Indians or Pilgrims and entertain their teachers and parents, singing about Thanksgiving traditions and presenting pictures they drew showing what they are thankful for. 


It was flat out adorable!


My little Indian made me so proud!


He sang.


He performed.


And when it was time for him to get up on stage in front of the microphone and speak, he shared what he was thankful for...his healthy body. He spoke clearly and loudly, and my heart swelled with pride. 

I am so thankful for him and my family. I'm thankful that my mom is in town for the next two weeks, and I'm even more thankful for the rest my body will get this week. 

And you know what else I'm thankful for?  I'm so glad I can turn my alarm clock off for the next eight days. 

So thankful!

No comments: