Friday, August 5, 2016

Pic of the Day - Ready Or Not, Here They Come



Kids return to school on Monday, and all this week the teachers at my school were busy preparing for that exciting first day. As I was rushing out the door this evening, there were a million and one things I still had to do. But, ready or not, they'll be here on Monday...




That saying, so much to do, so little time could not have been more fitting for this week. Us teachers had meetings everyday, all week, with just a few hours here and there to work in our classrooms and prepare for the big day. I'm sooo glad I came in one day the previous week to set up my room. Otherwise, who knows...

So as I return to start my eighth (I've lost count) year as a teacher, I know the next several months will be super busy, and that's why I've decided to start the "Pic of the Day." I will post a picture that captures my sentiments for that day, or any day, whenever I get time to blog. And my post will be short and sweet!

And since the first day of school starts on Monday, here are a few teaching tips that I've written about before. First, here's why it's important to be nice to your custodians. If you find that you'll have to go to your school tomorrow, Saturday, to  finish setting up your classroom, here's some advice for you...for next year.  And finally, here's another tip for getting through that crucial first week of school.

Wishing every educator an awesome first week of school, and a successful year!

No comments: