Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 3 of Being Grateful


Today I got to do something I LOVE!!! I got to leave my classroom for four hours, visit another middle school, and observe other teachers in action. Gosh, I learned so much today, and I can't wait to start using some of the strategies I saw from other educators. So...day three of being grateful is, no surprise here, all about education!

First, I'm so thankful for my career as a teacher. I get to work with students every day and try to make an impact on their lives. It is a huge responsibility! One I take very seriously, and I'm always looking for ways to improve and get better.

Second, I'm grateful that my students, every day, help me to work on my patience. I have said before that this is no easy job, and I'm sorry, but I'll say it again...this is no easy job!!! Ha! My kids stretch my "patience" muscles every day. Every day! But it's a good thing. I need patience.

And finally, I'm thankful that I took a chance and said YES to my new role at school. It has been opening up so many doors for me.  And that makes me grateful!

No comments: