Sunday, September 7, 2014

Family Football Traditions


Do you remember how old you were when you watched your first football game? Who or what made you become a fan?

To be really honest, I'm not a huge fan of football. I'm not even a fan of football. But with the start of football season upon us, I can't help but know this fact because of The Hubs. He is a fan. He watches the games on Thursdays, Sundays and Mondays, and he's even gotten Buddy Roller excited about the season. He got the whole family Giants t-shirts, and we all wore them for the first time today.



For as long as I've known The Hubs, he has always loved the Giants. He told me the story of how as a young kid growing up, he remembers going into his father's room one day to find him watching TV. His dad was watching a football game and the Giants were playing. That was the team his dad was rooting for. And that's how The Hubs became a Giants fan. What started as a time for The Hubs and his father to bond and spend time together, has now grown into a tradition that has carried over to this family with The Hubs and Buddy Roller.


So no matter how good or bad the Giants are this season, it doesn't really matter. Some traditions never die. And I'll do my part to keep this one alive in this family. Go Giants!!!

No comments: