Monday, September 15, 2014

Food For Thought


As I was getting dressed for school this morning, I was listening to NPR as I typically do. I heard an interesting report that says looking at pictures of food can, to some extent, make you feel satisfied.

I so disagree!

According to "new" research, that I'm obviously not buying, some volunteers were shown many, many pictures of salty food and they found that they enjoyed these foods less and less.

Salty food...I'm no fan of, but show me pictures of any delicious looking meals and desserts and I start salivating right away. In fact, looking at pictures of food only makes my cravings that much more intense.

Case in point...






I don't know about you, but every time I watch the Food Network...Barefoot Contessa, Giada At Home and especially Diners Drive-Ins and Dives...I actually want to eat everything I see!

So... are these pictures making you feel satisfied and less hungry?




Uhmmm...I'm actually feeling like I could eat a good meal right now!



And don't forget dessert! Are you hungry yet? I know I am!

No comments: