Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Best Stage Ever?


As a mom watching Buddy Roller grow from an infant to a toddler, I naively approached each of his milestones thinking this is the best stage of his life ever. And then I found myself thinking that exact same sentiment when he started eating solids, and when he took his first steps, when he started talking, when he became potty trained, when he started Pre-K, when he joined his first soccer team, and the list goes on and on...




Now that he's in kindergarten, I'm watching him grow and mature into a boy.  Just this evening as we were having dinner, I looked at him endearingly and wondered where the time had gone. The Hubs must have been thinking the exact same thing too because he said, "He's growing up so fast." He is. Too fast.  It's kind of bitter sweet. I'm taking all my hugs now because the wise ones have warned me I should.

And now with even homework, it's amazing to see how he's progressing and how much he's learning in school. We've been working on his sight words at home, and we read books to him every night, that's always been a constant, since he was a baby. But now he's reading and writing long sentences and spelling his words correctly...on his own. Wow! I'm proud and amazed. I'm celebrating this milestone and looking forward to the countless ones still to come.

No comments: