Friday, September 26, 2014

What Really Matters - A Lesson to Remember


As I reflect on this past week, I can't help but realize that stress is really self-imposed. I have known this fact for a while, yet it hasn't helped me in the past to deal with actual stress. And I'm not talking about the stress that comes from a health condition, or the stress that comes from unfortunate situations...like losing a job, or having your family break apart. I think those situations are legitimate causes of stress. But what I'm talking about is the stress that comes from day to day life...from WORK and PEOPLE specifically.

There are some people who always appear happy and upbeat...no matter what's going on around them. I wonder, are these people always that happy?  Or do they sometimes shut themselves in a room when no one's around and cry?

Some people do have a great outlook on life. All the time. And that's what I'm striving for. I want to be happy and LAUGH in the midst of chaos and adversity. That's what I'm striving for. Life will throw you for a loop. It will. It's inevitable, but I want to live a life that's meaningful and stress-free...the majority of the time.

When I think of all the times I have lost sleep over a situation or a deadline, and it was all for nothing! Really. Has that ever happened to you? Does that happen to you often? That should tell us something. We put ourselves through stress, and for what reasons?

Things will get done. Deadlines will come and go. But what really matters is your health, your family, and your ATTITUDE. So as the deadlines continue to add up, as the work load continues to increase, and as people continue to be people, whether they're happy, sad, angry or negative...I'm going to try to be happy and take each day at a time...STRESS-FREE.

Have a happy, relaxing and stress-free weekend!

No comments: