Monday, June 29, 2020

A Friendship for a Season

I've written about friendships before, and that sometimes people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Today I'm remembering a friendship that lasted only a season...


I was on a hike with friends over the weekend when I remembered a friend of mine, from a long time ago. Does that ever happen to you? Something you're doing or something someone says, makes you think back, to a moment in time, when you used to be friends with someone?

Happens to me all the time, especially when someone's being superstitious about "splitting the pole." That's when I remember her.

Her name was Michelle Ramondo, and we were friends for a season. This was back when I was in college for my undergraduate degree. I met Michelle through my BFSF, and I have not forgotten her all these years. She had long wavy blonde hair and blue eyes that seemed to change color depending on her mood, or what she was wearing.  The thing about Michelle was, she was very superstitious. When walking with her, we could never split the pole! I also remember her for her radiant lip colors and how she used to always apply her lipstick so perfectly and without looking in the mirror. She was quite the talker, and always told animated stories of her life on Martha's Vineyard.  She was fun to be around. I can still hear her voice and laughter today.

Wherever you are Michelle, I hope that life is being good to you. To this day, because of you, I always remember not to split the pole!

For the original post on friendships dated November 2015, read this post if you'd like -
A Reason, A Season, Or a Lifetime

A note: Names have been changed to protect the privacy of individuals.

No comments: