Friday, June 26, 2020

This is Ten






Ching Chong Ching.  These are currently the most popular words in our home right now, added by Buddy Roller, at the end of most statements...



Not so long ago, I remember being able to take as many pictures of my son as I wanted. These days there are protests and complaints, and I usually get a myriad of  faces as captured in the photograph. 

So what is this ten year old into these days?

He is obsessed with ants and stomping on ant hills to see what happens. He loves riding his bike through water and mud (such a boy!), and he can ride hands-free now which is quite cool and scary all at the same time.

He still loves to sleep in our bed, and he is still very attached to his "blankey" or lovey. I wonder when he will give it up? I still get requests to "tuck" him in at night, though I feel like that is about to end, as he and his Dad are up later than I am these days.

This is a question I've been getting a lot lately, "Do I have to take a shower tonight?" To which I reply, "You take a shower every night."

What's new and what I'm excited about is that he now knows how to make scrambled eggs on his own, and he's doing his own laundry. Yes!!!

Just this week, we gave his room a makeover, getting rid of old toys and games and adding a desk and computer all in time for 6th grade and middle school in August (yikes)!!! Turns out, it is also time for that deodorant!

What I'm grateful for though is Dad and I still get plenty of hugs and, "I love you." When we go on walks, Buddy Roller slips his hand right into mine and I smile with happiness. And sometimes in the morning, he heads to our room to snuggle and "wake up" and he still loves to play pig pile!

For more on my motherhood journey, read these posts if you'd like -

Raising a Champion

Mondays with Roller

"Never Mind."

No comments: