Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Best Thing I Ever Ate

Lobster Fra Diavolo | Sarcastic Cooking

The best thing I ever ate was...



....lobster fra diavolo at a cozy little restaurant in Bloomfield, Connecticut.

A long time ago, before The Hubs and I were married, we would meet, in our hometown of Windsor, while we attended college. We would try to see each other every few weeks (or more) since we went to college in separate cities.  He in Philly. Me in New Britain and then later in Boston, for graduate school.

The restaurant was called Calamari's, and it was sooo good! At the time, The Hubs would get his usual dish...a mild white fish with a side of his choice while I always got the lobster fra diavolo! Always.  Tender lobster meat cooked perfectly over a bed of linguine. The sauce, a tomato one, had just the right amount of spice, garlic and that delicious shellfish taste. Giddy from seeing my love after missing him for weeks, followed by going to our favorite restaurant, and then eating mouthwatering dishes while catching up on college life...it was heaven on a plate! And I typically ate every bite.

Since graduating from college and visiting our hometown, we have tried to go back to Calamari's, but sadly it closed. So many times, I have tried this dish at many other restaurants, but they haven't come close to what I experienced at Calamari's.

You know how sometimes our memories can deceive us, and things seem so much better when we were younger? Well not in this case. I know that dish is everything I remember it as being.

What is the best thing you ever ate?

Photo credit: Sarcastic Cooking

No comments: