Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Heavenly Houseguest


There are houseguests from heaven and, well, there are houseguests from hell.  But we won't talk about those today. 

The guests I'm talking about, you look forward to seeing. When they get to your house, things are easy going and the atmosphere is just relaxing and cool.  They help out, they are not there to be served and when they leave, it's as if they were never there because your house is just as neat and tidy as when they got there.

Do you know what I'm talking about? Have you ever had those experiences? I hope so because I have.

My mother-in-law (Twinks) has been visiting with us the past few days and can I tell you it's been just heavenly! She's not here to be served; she's here to serve. She's so neat and tidy; I never have to worry about cleaning whenever she leaves. The house is the same (maybe cleaner) when she leaves.  She has that special touch when it comes to cooking, baking and making a house a home. Know anyone like that?


Case in point. Look at Buddy Roller's bed. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me.  My mother-in-law has been making his bed for the past several days, and I could never make a bed this neat. When I make his bed, it never looks like this! She makes the covers so smooth; it's as if she secretly ironed the sheets when no one was looking. And check out the bunny!


Tiny Bunny Cooke, as Buddy Roller affectionately named him, is perfectly perched on top of the pillows. Who would think to do that? Well my mother-in-law for sure! It's all about the details for her.


This is just one of the many special things she does while she visits. I'm taking notice, and I'm very grateful for her, and all that she does. And I know a certain little someone who is really happy to have grand-ma around.

No comments: