Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cheesy Love Stories


I admit, I'm a sucker when it comes to cheesy love stories. I can't help myself; it's just who I am. I enjoy reading a good love story just about as much as I love watching one on the big screen. And trust me, a love story is no good if tears aren't involved. If I read a book or watch a movie, and I cry, then I would say...that was a great movie!

Take The Notebook, for example. I read the book and I cried...a lot.  Then I saw the movie, and I cried even harder. I couldn't stop myself. After the movie ended, I was still crying as I made my way to the restroom and saw that other women were crying too. At least I know I'm not the only fool who falls for this stuff.

So now I'm reading The Best of Me (same author as The Notebook).  And yeah it's another one of those cheesy "you never forget your first love" drama with a little tragedy that storyteller Nicholas Sparks tells so well to suck you (okay, me) all the way in.  I'm not even half way through with this novel, but it's an easy page turner, with likeable characters, and it's just the book I was looking for to escape with for a little bit at the end of each day.

As soon as I finish this one, I hope to catch the movie before it leaves theatres. Just watching the trailer was enough to make me tear up. I've already told my sister we have to see it.  I guess I'll have to remember to bring the Kleenex as I'm sure I'll need them.  I told you; I am a true sucker when it comes to cheesy love stories.

No comments: